The actual power supply part of the circuit is relatively simple and no particular difficulties, other than the usual care and attention required when constructing any electronic circuit, should be expected.
I used a printed template (use whatever graphics or editing programme you have that is suitable) that provided the centers for drilling holes for components etc. Conveniently, this template then also provides the "decals" for the switches etc. After glueing the template onto the enclosure, I used 4" wide clear packaging tape to seal the surface (which also allows for writing component values/notations etc using a marker pen, that later could be removed/changed). The choice of enclosure is left to the builder.
I was not certain of which components to include with the prototyping board, so I choose to utilise a cardboard shoebox as the "temporary" enclosure. Not only did this enable easy construction (e.g. drilling holes and cutting access ports for various switches/components was easily done with a knife/blade), but this leaves considerable room for easy expansion after experience with attempting construction of a few guitar effect pedals is gained. Further, the shoebox interior provides a convenient storage location for parts/components associated with experimenting/making guitar effect pedals.
Another "design decision" is the use of connector/terminal blocks. Such connector/terminal blocks (see photographs section), inconjuction with "dupont" cables (or similar jumper leads) enable easy connection with the breadboard/circuit.
However, this is an additional expense (although such connectors are inexpensive on ebay) and the alternative of using wire leads directly from the components to the breadboard is practical. The downside being that when a particular component (e.g one of the potentiometers) is not being used in a test circuit on the breadboard, the wire leads will need to be "tidied" away. The use of "dupont" cables and quick-splice connectors makes for "clean" operation of the prototyping board, likely leading to less errors and time spent in debugging.